Welcome from the Mornington Peninsula Landcare Network!
The MP Landcare Network would like to acknowledge that these are difficult times with COVID-19 impacting individuals, communities and so many aspects of our day-to-day life. We extend our thoughts and best wishes to those affected by the pandemic. Due to the rapid spread and high risk of COVID-19, all indoor and outdoor events planned by groups and the Network have been cancelled.
For more Landcare-related advice related to COVID-19, please see: https://www.landcarevic.org.au/groups/state/lvi/landcare-activities-and-covid-19/
The Mornington Peninsula Landcare Network (MPLN) represents the 12 Landcare groups on the Mornington Peninsula. The MPLN was formed in 2014 to enable local Landcare groups to work together more effectively to address local land management issues and develop projects to enhance the environment.
What is Landcare?
Landcare is a ‘grass-roots’ organisation formed by people who seek to protect and repair their local environment and contribute to sustainable landscapes. Run by local volunteers, Landcare involves more than 4000 groups across Australia working together to do something practical about protecting and restoring Australia’s unique environment.
Examples of Landcare activities include:
- Regional coordinated pest plant control including foxes and cats
- Sustainable agriculture focusing on environmental and economical outcomes
- Field days
- Protecting remnant vegetation through bushland restoration and weeding
- Revegetation of waterways and installation of paddock trees
- Development of habitat corridors through revegetation
- Cooperative strategies for local land degradation issues
Benefits of becoming a member of Landcare on the peninsula:
- Access to information, advice & resources
- Improved farm productivity
- Taking practical action on pressing environmental issues
- Meet your neighbours, local contacts
- Improved amenity of local area
- Getting to know like-minded people
- Access to funding opportunities
- Being part of the bigger picture
- Accessing subsidised training, events and field days
- Equipment hire including tools and BBQ
You can check out our Facebook page @mplandcare and Instagram #mplandcare
How can I get involved?
If you would like to become involved in Landcare,
please click HERE